This is my mum's creation, what a gem! It's the easiest and quickest ice cream you will ever make.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 Coop Berry Pavlova (or a similar equivalent)
- 3 meringue nests
- 5 handfuls of frozen/fresh berries, currants, or summer fruits (I used black currents and damsons)
1. Start by whizzing up the pavlova for 10 seconds in a magimix.
2. Then add the fruit and extra meringue. Whizz up until a smooth mixture forms.
3. Add some more fruit if you feel it needs some. Either place the ice cream straight in the freezer, or keep it in the fridge until 4 hours before serving, then place in the freezer. This way, it will still be slightly soft and more like a sorbet.
This ice cream is great served with my Chocolate and Amaretti Cake (see posts below for the recipe).