Hello 2014!! It's time for some more recipes.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 turnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped into quarters
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 litres vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
1. Firstly, preheat the oven to 190°c and make sure all the vegetables are chopped into similar sized pieces. Place all the vegetables into a large baking tray and coat with the oil, spices and seasoning.
2. Cook the vegetables for 30-45 minutes once the oven is hot, and remove them when they are soft.
- Usually I just use stock cubes because it's easy, but this particular evening I was making carrot, potato and parsnip mash at the same time as the soup, so I already had some delicious homemade stock available. I would definitely recommend using homemade stock if you can.
3. Start whizzing up the vegetables in a food processor once they have cooled down slightly, and slowly add in the stock. Keep adding the stock until the soup is at your preferred consistency. Finally have a taste and season with salt and pepper.