I can't get enough of this porridge!
Ingredients (for one)
- 40g plain porridge oats
- 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 - 2 tsp dark brown sugar
- 1 apple, chopped into similar sized pieces (skin is optional)
- a handful of blueberries or chopped banana
- 4 apricots, chopped
- 1 - 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon (depending on taste)
- 2 tbsp water
1. Start by melting the butter in a saucepan, then add the chopped apple and cook for one minute. Put in both the sugar and cinnamon and stir continuously until the apples start to soften. If they are starting to burn, add a little water.
2. Pour in the porridge oats, water, and cover them with milk. Keep stirring and adding milk (if needed), until the porridge oats are fully cooked and at your desired consistency. Then add the chopped apricots and stir a final time.
3. Finish it off with a spoon of yoghurt (and 1/2 tsp brown sugar if you've got a sweet tooth), a sprinkle of cinnamon, and any desired fruit.