This cake is absolutely delicious and doesn't require any flour!
Ingredients (serves 8-10)
6oz ground almonds
3 large eggs
zest of two lemons
1/2 tsp almond essence
3oz icing sugar
juice of half a lemon
1. Heat the oven to 170°C.
2. Blend up the butter and the sugar in a food processor and then add the eggs.
3. Finally, add the almonds, lemon zest and essence to form a good cake consistency.
4. Pour the mix into a cake tin and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until it is cooked right through.
5. When the cake is cooked, take it out of the oven and leave it to cool for a few minutes. Place it onto a large plate, or straight into a cake tin and pour on the icing (juice of half a lemon added to the icing sugar) while the cake it still warm.
6. Wait for the cake to cool before serving.