Tuesday 8 July 2014

Broad Bean, Coriander and Chilli Houmous Dip


This morning was spent picking runner beans from my mum's vegetable garden, and I thought I ought to make something delicious for lunch. I love it when you get half way through making something, only to realise that you don't have all the ingredients you want, because it calls for a little experimentation. From this slight blip, I concocted a new, exciting, and very healthy dip recipe. This has a kick, so if you're susceptible to spice, add less chilli

 Ingredients (makes two pots)

- 400g tin soft boiled chickpeas (I use TRS Boiled Chick Peas) with 2/3 chickpea water
- 2 handfuls of cooked broad beans (with skins)
- 1/2 a large clove of garlic
- juice of half lemon
- juice of half a lime 
- 1/2 a fresh chilli
- a handful of fresh coriander (stalks included)
- a good glug of olive oil
- pepper


1. Place all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blitz for a few minutes.

2. If the mixture is too thick, add a little more olive oil or lemon juice.

3. Sprinkle with flaked almonds, linseeds or poppy seeds to make it look pretty and serve how you wish. I'd like to try this smothered on pumpernickle bread and topped with smoked salmon.



No comments:

Post a Comment