Fat chips were a good shout!
Ingredients (serves 4)
for the houmous -
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 8 slices of jarred aubergine, or roasted aubergine
- 4 basil leaves
- 4 tbsp good quality olive oil
- 1 tbsp oil from the aubergine jar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp paprika and some for decoration
- a pinch of chilli flakes
- salt and pepper
for the fat chips -
- 6 medium potatoes, roughly chopped into segments
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
1. Set the oven to 250°c.
2. Start by boiling the potato chunks for 3 minutes, before transferring them to a baking tray and coating them with groundnut oil and salt. Grind some pepper on top and place them in the oven for 30 minutes.
3. The houmous is extremely easy to make. Mix all of the ingredients in a food processor or using a hand blender, until is resembles a smooth paste. Have a taste, as you may want to add more chilli flakes, lemon juice or olive oil.
Accompany the chips and houmous with a selection of condiments (like ketchup, mayonnaise, pesto or sweet chilli) and salad.