A brownie recipe that never fails! I made these for 30-40 people in the summer and they were a huge hit. The brownie mix is extremely good, so expect to eat half the mix before cooking!
Ingredients (makes 8 very large pieces)
- 100g plain flour (I have made them using gluten-free flour and they're still very good. Next time I want to try ground almonds)
- 250g unsalted butter
- 300g caster sugar or soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75g good quality cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 100g plain chocolate or white chocolate (drops or from a bar - not too dark unless you like rich brownies), mashed into small pieces
1. Start by turning the oven to 180°c. Cream the butter and sugar in a mixer for a few minutes and then gradually add the eggs one at a time.
2. Add the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and blitz until smooth.
3. Stir in the chopped chocolate drops or pieces and then place in a suitable lined square cake tin.
4. Put the brownies on the floor of the oven for 25 minutes and then turn the oven down to 140°c (simmering oven) and bake for another 20 minutes in the centre of the oven.
* If you have doubled the mixture, then 40 minutes for baking and 35 for simmering * Try adding chopped nuts or raspberries for someting different *