Ingredients (breakfast for one - fills a medium jam jar)
- 1/3 plain porridge oats
- 1 large tbsp flaxseed (find my recipe a few posts down)
- 2 tbsp vanilla yoghurt
- 2 apricots, chopped
- 1 very small apple (or half a medium apple), grated
- 1 tsp flaked almonds
- 1 tsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp goji berries
- 1 tsp linseeds
water (about 1-2 tbsp)
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp golden syrup or jam
Overnight oats is so simple and delicious, I'd eat it every morning if I could. I have continued to experimented with this apple version, and I think I've hit the jackpot! All the seeds and currents add extra flavour and texture, the goji berries are also a great addition as they absorb the water, soften and become super juicy.
1. Place everything apart from the water into a suitable jam jar, and stir the mixture with a spoon. Depending on the size of the jar, you may have to reduce the quantities of seeds or berries.
2. Once the mixture gets too thick, gradually add some water, a little at a time until it resembles rice pudding.
3. Place the jar in the fridge overnight or for a couple of hours before eating, drizzle with extra golden syrup to make it sweeter.