You will need (serves 4):
1kg carrots (pealed (if needed) and chopped)
2 onions (chopped)
3 cloves garlic (chopped)
2 litres vegetable stock (follow packet instructions)
6cm ginger (grated)
2 tsp curry powder
3 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp chilli flakes (or more if you like it spicy)
1/2 tsp salt and pepper
1. Add the carrots, onions and garlic to a hot pan with a little vegetable oil. Cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Pour in the stock and everything else.
3. Bring to the boil and then simmer with a lid on top at a low heat (3 or 4 on a hob) for roughly 20-30 minutes; or until the carrots are soft.
4. Once cooked, take off the heat and leave to rest for 10 minutes before blitzing with a hand blender or in a blender.
5. Garnish with some fresh chopped coriander, I like to use a lot.